Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rain

I haven't done something traditional in FOREVER.

Well this was an art project I just finished for my AP art class. The assignment was to create a response to a newspaper article. And since its been SO hot and I simply CANNOT wait for all this sexy rain to come (We're gonna be hit by Earl a bit), I decided to do the weather.

The piece actually has a deeper meaning though. At the time I started this a lot of things from the past came up. And if you notice, the weather in the article is sunny. It stands for, that back then, even on the brightest days, it rained for me.

But yeah, hopefully I'll be able to get some time to work on some more stuff that I personally want to do. I am so swamped with school right now. (I'm seriously thinking of dropping AP Lit because I think it may be too much for be to handle... aka I won't be able to draw for myself anymore).

I'm just glad I was able to upload something after a while. >.<

Done with newspaper, acrylic, ink, and watercolored pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment