Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Never Look Back

Man, I haven't drawn these two in a LONG time.

Writing my college essay this weekend really made me realize how much of an impact FMA has had in my life. My hopes, my dreams, and my happiness really all started with me picking up the first volume at Barnes and Noble. Because I just recently realized this, I had a chance to really reflect on 108 and the fact that the series has come to an end... for good.

FMA helped me so much throughout my life. It helped me get away from my own life when I needed it the most, if gave me a dream for the future, and it even helped me make my first friend. I guess you can say that now that FMA has ended, so has a chapter of my life. In a year I am going to be ready to spread my wings and go off to college. As much as it pains me to say it, I don't need FMA any longer. (That doesn't mean I won't buy the new shirts and DVDs and watch it over and over however.) I'm just simply saying that it is no longer needed to keep me going.

I want to thank FMA for always being there for me when I felt lost, for being there during my struggle to become a better artist, for being there when I realized what I wanted to do with my life.

Thank you, Fullmetal Alchemist. Your adventure and your journey have inspired me to keep going.

Never look back.
Always move forward.
Never give up.

Fullmetal Alchemist belongs to Hiromu Arakawa

No comments:

Post a Comment